The play centre where the alleged assault took place Photo: Beach House Kid’s Fun Centre. The owner of the centre has denied a boy was sexually assaulted there in February. Photo: Beach House Kid’s Fun Centre
The owner of a Perth indoor play centre where a boy was reportedly sexually assaulted claims the incident never took place and the family involved made up the allegations to avoid paying their party function fee.
In February, WA Police appealed for witnesses to the reported assault, which was alleged to have taken place at The Beach House Kids Fun Centre in Balcatta on February 13.
Centre owner Vivienne, who did not want her surname published, told WAtoday on Wednesday that she had been informed by police a lengthy investigation had failed to uncover any foul play.
She claimed CCTV footage showed the group had been in the centre for less than 30 minutes, and had not yet left their private function room, when they reported the assault.
She said after making the report, the group then demanded a full refund for their party, refused to leave the centre and allowed their children to play on the equipment until closing time.
“From the start we knew nothing happened, they only just walked through the gate and they raised the alarm,” Vivienne said.
“We believe it was a tactic used by this group in order to get a free party for their children. The party food was consumed by their 12 children, yet they still demanded a refund.”
Vivienne did not say whether the incident had led to drops in visitor numbers but did thank the centre’s loyal customers on its Facebook page.
“We would like to thank all of our loyal customers who have stuck by us over the last few weeks,” she said.
“As a gesture of appreciation, we would like to invite you to join us on Tuesday 22nd March from 5pm-8pm to allow your children to enjoy playing at The Beach House.
“There will be light refreshments provided and entry is free.”
Police have been contacted for comment.
This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.